An education at St. Joseph High School encourages a student to question, to challenge,to recognize, and develop her gifts
so that she is able to make a profound impact on the world.
Phone: 718- 624-3618
Web Site: stjosephhighschool.org
The following position is open at St. Joseph High School:
POSITION: Principal of Saint Joseph High School
St. Joseph High School, sponsored by The Sisters of St. Joseph, Brentwood, is seeking a collaborative, creative and innovative Principal who will be responsible for the leadership, supervision and administration of the school. Located in the heart of downtown Brooklyn, this college-preparatory school empowers young women to maximize their spiritual, academic, moral, and physical development and formation.
Primary Function: The candidate for the position of Principal will be a Catholic in good standing and will foster the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph in all areas of the school community. The candidate for this position will work collaboratively with the Board of Members of the Sisters of St. Joseph and the Board of Trustees in assuring the vitality and viability of the school.
Reports to: Board of Members of the Sisters of Saint Joseph and Board of Trustees
- The appropriate New York State Administration Certification
- Master-level degree
- Secondary education experience
- The professional skills needed for effective leadership
Faculty, Academic Staff and Curriculum:
- Articulates and works to deepen the CSJ Mission in all areas of the school community
- Creates an academic environment which will give students the maximum opportunity for development
- Establishes policies for the academic and organizational functioning of the school that are aligned with the CSJ Mission
- Be responsive to the needs of students in an urban environment and diverse culture
- Provides leadership opportunities for students
- Oversees annual enrollment drive and be responsible for retention of students
- Leverages deep knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment to improve student learning
Leadership, Management and Community Relations:
- Be responsible for budget preparation, implementation and fiscal stability of the school
- Be responsible for the physical plant including rental space and communication with tenants
- Knowledge and effective use of technology in instruction, management and communication
- Works with Development Office to ensure an effective development program
- Demonstrates experience in building partnerships and resources and a willingness to work with various community partners
- Be responsible for developing the school’s relationships and communication with the parents and guardians of the students.
Application deadline date: April 15, 2016
Application instructions: Interested candidates should forward a letter of intent and their resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.